- Ideal for the analysis of fruits, energy drinks, puddings, soy milk juices, jam, marmalade, honey, soups, jelly, tofu and condiments
- The dual-level LCD displays measurement and temperature readings simultaneously
- Automatic Temperature Compensation for accurate measurements
- Easy measurement; place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the READ key
- BEPS (Battery Error Prevention System) alerts the user in the event that low battery power could adversely affect readings.
- IP65 water protection; built to perform under harsh laboratory and field conditions.
- Quick, accurate results, readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Single point calibration with distilled or deionized water
- Small sample size, can be as small as 2 metric drops.
- Automatic shut-off after three minutes of non-use
- Stainless steel sample well, easy to clean and corrosion resistant
- ABS thermoplastic casing
The HI 96804 Invert Sugar digital refractometer is rugged, portable and water resistant for measurements in the lab or field. This instrument offers a specific analysis to determine accurate sugar concentration.
This optical instrument employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine parameters pertinent for sugar concentration analysis.
The actual measurement of refractive index is simple and quick and provides the operator a standard accepted method for sugar content analysis. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds this instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to percent by weight concentration units. This digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements in the field.
The HI 96804 utilizes internationally recognized references for unit conversion and temperature compensation and employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (internationally recognized body for sugar analysis).
Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on the large dual level display along with icons for low power and other helpful messages.
Order Information: HI 96804 is supplied with battery and instruction manual.
|Range||Sugar Content||0 to 85% (by weight) (% invert sugar)|
|Temperature||0 to 80°C (32 to 176°F)|
|Accuracy (@20°C)||Sugar Content||±0.2%|
|Temperature Compensation||automatic between 10 and 40°C (50 to 104°F)|
|Measurement Time||approximately 1.5 seconds|
|Minimum Sample Volume||100 µL (to cover prism totally)|
|Light Source||yellow LED|
|Sample Cell||stainless steel ring and flint glass prism|
|Auto-off||after 3 minutes of non-use|
|Battery Type / Battery Life||9V / approximately 5000 readings|
|Dimensions / Weight||192 x 104 x 69 mm (7.6 x 4.1 x 2.7”) / 420 g (14.8 oz.)|